A resistance band is used for strength training and great way of shedding some extra pounds. It helps to rehabilitate muscle and slowly rebuilds strength similar to how weight training works. Check out some of the best resistance bands for effective results.
Top Resistance Bands
Resistance bands vs Weights
Both Resistance bands and wrights tries to achieve same target of strengthening muscles and core. But Resistance band is much safer, easier to set up and comfortable to use. Resistance bands does not have to rely on gravity unlike weights.
Types of resistance bands
- Therapy band which has no handles is recommended for rehabilitation.
- Compact resistance band with plastic handles attached at the end is used for upper and lower body strength training.
- Fit loop band is primarily used for lower body training.
- Figure 8 band is a short band with two handles which supports upper body training.
- Ring resistance band is circular band with two soft handles for lower body strengthening.
- Lateral resistance band has Velcro ankle cuffs which helps for lower body training.
Resistance bands are color coded differently to help users choose appropriate fitness level. Red colored have higher tension than green and yellow and should be used at advance stage. It’s best to have three to four types of resistance band as per tension level which can help you strengthen up your exercise as you move up the advancement levels.
To summarize quickly, resistance band is a great form of exercise which can be integrated with any exercises or workouts like yoga and pilates. They cost the same as one month of Gym membership but the benefits of resistance bands does not stop at their low price tag. They are quite lightweight, portable and can be carried anywhere. Furthermore, resistance bands are also commonly suggested by physical therapists for their patients suffering from any form of leg or knee injury.
Furthermore, physical therapists commonly suggests resorting to resistance bands to their patients suffering from any form of leg or knee injury.